Posted on December 18 2017
Hey! I'm glad you are here. In case you have ever wanted to put a face to Allison @ KFT, here I am!
Recently it occurred to me (and was pointed out not so subtly) that I have a very minimal personal presence on KFTs social media and site. I suppose this wouldn't be notable if the company itself weren't so deeply personal. There are a good number of customers that I message with on a regular basis, so I feel like you know me, but in reality, that is probably not the case.
There are a number of small (mostly female owned) companies that I fiercely support and many of them have owner's who are active on social media and I love that! I feel like I can relate to the day to day of the girl boss hustle... and yet, I don't post myself on ours or keep up with a personal one. Why???
After a lot of thought, I figured it out. Kind of. I am not shy or self conscious at all, but I love sharing other people and also.. I am a mom and I am often behind the camera not in front of it. I can provide you with 985 pictures of my daughter from the last week, but today when I scrolled through my phone, I haven't saved one of myself since October. In fact, I started a personal IG account after the birth of my daughter in 2010 (when no one used it!) solely to post all of the pictures I took of her so as not to flood my Facebook feed. And then I sort of stopped using it and it never became about me.
I've thought about picking a personal IG back up again, but it never feels authentic for me. And truthfully, I am not tech-savvy or patient enough to make it interesting enough to capture what goes on in my head accurately. So I need to figure something else out so the people I appreciate so much who support this small adventure can see there is a real human behind it all! And maybe get a glimpse at what goes on behind the scenes here at KFT.
So here we go. I am going to try to be better and try to post here (when I think about it) to share myself more since you all so graciously bring KFT into your lives to share with me and I am enormously grateful for that!
This is wordy enough so here is a quick list of random facts about KFT and me to close this out!
- KFT doesn't have any employees. It's just me, Allison. I have people who offer help and assist me with decisions when I am unsure, but all orders are packed by me and I answer all of your emails.
- Designs and prints are mostly chosen on a whim. I am not sure I should admit this, but it is the truth. In general, the crazier the print, the more I love it!
- As a kid, I never played a sport. I was very anti-fitness/ exercise until I turned 22. More on this another day.
- I have never met an olive I didn't love.
- Before I started designing clothing, I was an avid quilter.
- My favorite workout song is "Rebel Yell" by Billy Idol.
- If I were a famous musician, my signature cover song would be "Danger Zone." (If you don't know what yours would be, I HIGHLY encourage you to think about it!)
Thank you for supporting this crazy dream of mine! Next time I will dive into what's coming next for KFT!